or how to make a t-shirt like a sweatshop worker
You need a overlock machine for this industrial style project, some jersey fabric and a basic t-shirt pattern.
1. Sew one shoulder seam.
2. Sew the neck-band, with the open end towards the unsewn seam.
3. Sew the other shoulder seam and neck seam.
4. Sew the arm bands to the bottom of the sleeves.
5. Sew the arms on. Make sure you have the sleeve up so you can see what you’re doing.
6. Sew the side seam and underarm in one pass.
7. Sew the bottom band using “swedish stitch”.
8. Sew the other side seam.