Busy getting ready for Lent and thought I would repost the rules from last year. They don’t really change that much. But I did come across some interesting ideas from Stephen Cherry’s Blog : check out Ten ideas for Lent.
I am not Catholic but I love the restrictive nature of their religious traditions. As an ala carte Lutheran, where almost anything goes, it is refreshing to have some rules put on the table. So as with last year, I am giving up something for Lent. It went really well last time so this year I am going to push my limits.
My interpretation of the”instructions” from ehow on how to properly observe Lent at home are as follows:
- Decorate with purple to symbolize resurrection
- Soul searching and focus on self-improvement
- Pick a food or drink and abstain from it for the 40 day fasting period
- Give up something you love for 40 days
- Ready your home for Easter by doing some proper cleaning
No problem, I can do this.
So all this fun starts on Wednesday the 9th of March. Plenty of time to decide on the details and make ready for Lent…
View original post 57 more words